Parnell’s vision for Sumter includes:
● Raising the bar on government transparency and accountability by adopting a City Ethics Code and holding two-way conversations with all of Sumter’s neighborhood associations.
● Taking the lead to carefully examine, with input from all interested parties, the city’s connection to social and criminal justice issues and to develop needed solutions.
● Leveraging Shaw AFB’s prominence as Sumter’s pivotal economic development partner and welcoming Shaw personnel even more into Sumter’s community.
● Developing affordable housing alternatives for Sumter and partnering with neighborhoods to transform vacant and overgrown lots.
● Fostering good government with a fully integrated and productive relationship between Sumter’s City and County Governments.
● Ensuring the long-term viability and safety of Sumter’s water and sewer systems.
● Working with Team Sumter to provide quality public education for Sumter’s children.
● Confronting COVID-19 with common sense and compassion.